Friday, November 18, 2011

Cheers to the Weekend

The week is finally over. I could not be happier about it. Not that this week was particularly difficult comparatively, it's just nice to finally be able to breathe this weekend because there are no major projects or tests or papers due next week. Oh the life of a liberal arts student...

One of the precious boys!
Not only is it the weekend, it's a BIG weekend. Tonight, I get to see the new Twilight movie. Say what you will about Twilight, but the hopeless angsty teen romantic inside of me can't help but love these movies. I like to think that I do a decent job of hiding it, but who really knows how well I do. Tomorrow, my sorority is hosting a silent auction and dinner for our philanthropy, Make A Wish. This is actually one of my favorite events that we do because everyone's family comes in and we all dress up and sell off donations that we have worked our butts off to get from local businesses. I am particularly excited because my step mom and brothers are coming three whole hours just to go to the auction and I cannot wait to see them. It's been too long and those boys are just too precious for me to not be excited to see all of them.

Formal time!
THEN, after the auction, my boyfriend's fraternity is having their winter formal! I'm not usually one to get dressed up, but since I already will be from the auction, it's not much more of a hassle. Plus it is always fun to dance and see all of your friends out of jeans and sweat pants and in cocktail dresses and sport coats. Now, I am a very bad dancer. There is little to no rhythm within my body and yet at formals I really do not care. I let loose and I have an absolute blast, even if I do accidentally head butt someone (sorry, Alex).

On Sunday it is our church's annual Thanksgiving dinner. Almost the entire church turns out for this because the food is SO good. It is like a preliminary Thanksgiving celebration, but it also helps to remind me what exactly I have to be thankful for. God, friends, family, and the fact that I am completely taken care of. That is the main reason I like this dinner. Not for the awesome food, or for seeing people that I haven't seen in a while, but because it is a good way to refocus right before all of the holidays so that I remember why we celebrate all of them.


So here is to one awesome weekend, hopefully. The school year is winding down and now it is time to start thinking about what is really important in life, which if you read my last post, is what I have been trying to do lately. Also, for those few of you who are reading on a regular basis, I got a 73 on that Islam test, which is an average C. And I intend to celebrate this weekend, for everything I have. I am even going to celebrate for that test, because who says you can't celebrate mediocrity?

No comments:

Post a Comment